PDA

View Full Version : Alternative spotting locations for 31R and 13L

747WanSui
2005-06-17, 04:23 PM
I checked out Art Brett's JFK spotting map (http://www.anniebees.com/Photos/SpottingJFK.htm), and on that page, he points out that spotters using the spotting locations for 31R and 13L (the Costco parking lot and the Ramada Inn parking lot) may be booted by authorities. As a result, I decided to look for alternative spotting locations for these runways, and I came up with the following locations:

31R: Lawrence High School; Small Park (name unknown) on Peninsula Blvd between Rockaway Tpke and Oxford Rd

13L: Police Officer Edward Byrne Park; Hilton Holiday Gardens; Baisley Pond Park

Has anyone ever tried these spotting locations (or other alternative locations nearby)? If so, how are these locations for spotting?

UrbanExplorer222
2005-06-17, 07:27 PM
Costco always works good for me. Realistically the cops cannot kick you out of Costco lot, unless the manager wants them to. But now that you brought it up, ill have to look for these spots

Steven Holzinger
2005-06-17, 08:16 PM
I have shot from a residental area for 31R arrivals.. you know the road you turn onto from Rockaway Blvd for the 22L spot? Instead of turning onto that road (which is Brookville or something like that), you go the other way and park by that lake. Granted you don't get side shots like Costco but its almost like the cargo areas for 13L.