PDA

View Full Version : EMB-145

cancidas
2005-06-08, 11:29 PM
as some of you know i've been making a bi-weekly trip down to greenville- spartanburg, sc for the past few months. of course it's all just to see a lady. anyhow, i take the nonstops from LGA usx. i've tried connecting through CLT a few times to hide my movements from the spying eyes at wok but it's annoying. anyhow, today was the first time that i was unable to get my choice seat, 14A (or was it 12A). that the emergency exit aisle/window, a single seat on the left side of the a/c. i was stuck in 6B, and i must say that those airplanes are as uncomfortable as standing in a church naked. i have already hated them from having to work on them constantly at work, but never really sat inside them much. now you al now, i'm a pretty big guy. at 6'3'' and 250Lb i am pretty much cramming myself in there each time i get on. i can't even stand up straight due to the 6' ceiling. i know akbar frequently flies on COEX EMBs, but if i remember correctly he likes the plane. anybody else have any comments on it?

IslipWN
2005-06-13, 01:42 PM
I really like the EMB145. I really like take off on those little jets. Its very fast! I think I would be able to last no more than 3 hours on one of those though.

Joe

LGA777
2005-06-13, 03:21 PM
I've done about 10 legs of flying on the 145 and I really like it. The 1 seat side is great when
I am by myself, love the big windows, and when I am with my wife the two side is perfect.
I am only 6 feet 190 lbs but I find the cabin comfortable and the leather seats are sweet !

Cheers

LGA777

USAF Pilot 07
2005-06-13, 10:12 PM
The only thing I like about the plane is the one seat "row". Other than that, I am 6'2, 185 pounds, and if I end up getting the window seat in the 2 seat "row", I am crammed in there, and it is EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

T-Bird76
2005-06-13, 11:33 PM
I'm not a big fan of the ERJ's at all, most of the seat backs are much thinner then larger jets, hence less padding, the seat bottom generally isn't as long, hence less hip support. Now don't call me crazy but you can also hear the pluse from the strob blinking on the roof. Sort of sounds like flash bulb going off and that drives me nuts, maybe I have super hearing but trust me take notice next time. Any don't like ERJ's never did I try to avoid them at all costs.

IslipWN
2005-06-14, 11:13 AM
I also like the 1x2 seating. The side with one seat is great if you are alone and the side with 2 seats is great if you are with a travel companion or sometihng.