PDA

View Full Version : EOS Airlines to JFK this Fall

Novanglus
2005-06-08, 09:28 PM
Eos Airlines is starting at JFK this Fall to London STN.

I can't get over 48 seats on a 757-200.

Check out the plane, too:

http://www.eosairlines.com/images/aircraft_1.gif

Who said that white-based planes can't look good?

Futterman
2005-06-08, 10:01 PM
I agree, it's a pretty damn spiffy livery. I look forward to seeing it, however long it lasts.

BTW, it's on the News Page (http://www.nycaviation.com/news.html) along with a bunch of other upcoming stuff.

EOS is due later this year, but an exact date has not been announced.

Brian

Matt Molnar
2005-06-08, 10:19 PM
Nice livery. Seems highly doubtful though that even one of these biz class only airlines can make it, nevermind all of the four that are planned.

cancidas
2005-06-08, 11:31 PM
that's about the same as the Primaris 757 that carried the president's press attaches last time he was in NYC. saw it parked at the MAT while getting from school to work... nice birds. wonder if anyone has any interior views.

tsnamm
2005-06-09, 08:28 AM
check out their list of officers and management...a group of heavy hitters...they might just make this work...sort of like an Intl MGM Grand Air!

Tom_Turner
2005-06-11, 11:05 AM
Those short fuselage MGM Grand Air DC-8s were sweet.

Remember seeing one of them one day at JFK same time as the Hispaniola DC-8 was still flying. Surprising to have seen two short pax DC-8s same day so many years later. JFK must've been the last airport in USA (anywhere?) to have had two pax DC-8 carriers revenue service operating same day.

Matt Molnar
2005-06-11, 03:43 PM
check out their list of officers and management...a group of heavy hitters...they might just make this work...sort of like an Intl MGM Grand Air!

I wish them luck, but heavy hitters do get heavy tax write-offs when their businesses fail. :mrgreen:

Fly1346
2005-06-11, 08:13 PM
is this going to be a low-cost airline?

PhilDernerJr
2005-06-11, 08:35 PM
is this going to be a low-cost airline?

Quite the opposite. With 48 seats, if they offered "low costs", they'd fail so fast becuase there aren't enough seats to come close to breaking even.

They are trying to reach the crowd that misses the luxury of the Concorde, supposedly.

mikephotos
2005-06-11, 09:19 PM
Those short fuselage MGM Grand Air DC-8s were sweet.

That they were, I missed them dearly. Flying these days is not like the numerous flights I was lucky enough to experience on the 8's, both grand class coach and gc first.

Remember seeing one of them one day at JFK same time as the Hispaniola DC-8 was still flying. Surprising to have seen two short pax DC-8s same day so many years later. JFK must've been the last airport in USA (anywhere?) to have had two pax DC-8 carriers revenue service operating same day.

Surinam DC-8's were doing passenger runs at the same time also. I recall seeing them parked a few gates away from our 8's at the time (old T1)

Mike

LGA777
2005-06-11, 09:30 PM
Can you guys refresh my memory about Hispaniola, where they a Dominican or Haitian carrier ?
I remember the name and that is all. If anyone can give a quick recap, where they flew,
when where they around, fleet, etc. ?

Thanks

LGA777

Tom_Turner
2005-06-12, 01:52 AM
Hi Mike.

I managed to miss the Surinams somehow. That interim version of T1 sure was an odd mixture of aircraft/airliners for a while, wasn't it? Ladeco 757? Tower 747 (briefly?), MGM Grand...can't remember what else.

Ron - Can't remember if it was Dominican or Haitian...but one Christmas, the airline or some Travel Agency booked several planeloads and of course they were hopefulessly stranded at JFK. I don't think the airline lasted much longer, (at JFK anyway) but I could be wrong.

- Tom

tsnamm
2005-06-13, 08:42 AM
Hi Mike.

I managed to miss the Surinams somehow. That interim version of T1 sure was an odd mixture of aircraft/airliners for a while, wasn't it? Ladeco 757? Tower 747 (briefly?), MGM Grand...can't remember what else.

Ron - Can't remember if it was Dominican or Haitian...but one Christmas, the airline or some Travel Agency booked several planeloads and of course they were hopelessly stranded at JFK. I don't think the airline lasted much longer, (at JFK anyway) but I could be wrong.

- Tom
Hispaniola was Dominican...it ran to POP...America West was also in T1 at the time...Tower actually had a lot of flights from there until the redevelopment sent them packing...there were also a couple of other niche/LCC types in there also at the time...Monarch and Braniff #3....

mikephotos
2005-06-13, 10:57 AM
Yes, as mentioned by tsnamm the orig. T1 included America West (ah, those 747's) for a while and BNIII. We also saw KeyAir and Avensa. A few others that I don't remember. I miss eating lunch in the old Eastern ground tower and exploring the basement/lower level.

Mike

LGA777
2005-06-13, 11:04 AM
I think Ladeco (Chile) was in T1 around that time with colorful 757's

LGA777

mikephotos
2005-06-13, 12:02 PM
I think Ladeco (Chile) was in T1 around that time with colorful 757's

LGA777

yes they were. also seen their 727's & 737's along with the 75.

Mike