PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Crack On jetBlue

Matt Molnar
2005-06-05, 02:42 PM
Funny story told to me by a B6 flight attendant friend of mine.

On a recent flight from FLL to JFK, the smoke detector in the forward lav went off. The FA's went to check it out, but not in time to see who had caused it. They smelled smoke, which didn't smell like cigarettes, asked a couple of passengers but couldn't find the culprit. They went back to doing other things and forgot about it.

After the plane landed and everyone had gotten off, a man came back down the jetway and tried to board the plane again. "I have to go to the bathroom" he kept saying. The crew told him he couldn't get back on the plane, but he insisted. The crew pressed him on why he needed to get in the bathroom so badly, and finally he conceded "I need to get my crack!"

Lo and behold, they went into the bathroom and found a crackpipe this gentleman had crafted out of his inflight Coke can. He had gotten spooked when the smoke alarm went off and tossed it in the trash. They called the cops and he was arrested.

It gets better...

Due to the proximity of the bathroom to the cockpit and the design of the A320's ventilation system, B6 thought it best to pull the whole crew from their next scheduled flight.

Sure enough, they drug tested the pilots and they came back positive for crack!

So because of some moron crackhead, two innocent pilots have notes in their files, possibly even on their FAA records (not sure what the procedure is) that they tested positive for crack. Obviously it wasn't their fault and hopefully there's an explanation accompanying those notes, but it's definitely never a good thing to have that written down anywhere for any reason.

IslipWN
2005-06-05, 04:20 PM
That reallu sucks for that crew. They cant be charged or anytihng for being positive for crack, can they?

cancidas
2005-06-05, 11:36 PM
doubt that would be an incident as far as the FAA is concerned. at the very least there is the explanation in thier files of what happenned. it's not like the pilots were given a random drug test and they came back positive...