to. It took me about 10 minutes to get to them and I stayed for about
15-20 min wishing they would leave in a hurry so I could get some more
shots instead of just hovering shots.

Anyone know what this was?

http://fromtheflightdeck.com/temp/Hotlinking/IMG_9846.jpg

http://fromtheflightdeck.com/temp/Hotlinking/IMG_9854.jpg

GrummanFan
2005-06-03, 05:58 PM
very interesting...I've been seeing a lot more Blackhwks flying over my house in huntington lately, just the other day saw three of them flying low to the west, though they could've been the ones form the air show. Still, i have seen a single ship pass by at least once a week for quite some time now. where else are blackhawks based around here besides Westhampton and possibly the Sikorsky factory?

moose135
2005-06-03, 06:02 PM
The Guard guys at ISP have a number of Blackhawks. From the photos, these look more like Army ones rather than from the ANG at Gabreski.

Matt Molnar
2005-06-03, 06:44 PM
I saw a very large, very loud chopper heading east very low (300ft at most) over the LIRR main line around New Hyde Park yesterday afternoon. I didn't get a good look at it because it was moving so fast and it was hidden by buildings and trees from my angle, but at first glance I thought it might have been a Blackhawk. Maybe there was some kind of terror response drill yesterday.

T-Bird76
2005-06-03, 09:13 PM
They've been real low over ISP to, the last two days they've been flying real low over my house. Interesting stuff

Derf
2005-06-03, 10:10 PM
I was told today that a soldier died in Iraq. Not sure if it was a funeral but it sounds about right. No other reason I can think of that they would be so close and hovering for so long.

cancidas
2005-06-04, 12:17 AM
they were there as a final slute to a fellow (fallen) aviator at the military cemetary just north of the campus.