PDA

View Full Version : "Mishandling" Koran

Novanglus
2005-05-27, 04:50 AM
MSNBC.com Link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7995960/)

I don't understand this. I'd like to quote an article I read in the paper about it.

"What's happening in this country? Desecrating the Koran is a crime, but we can burn the American flag because that act is protected as free speech? The public high school near my home no longer allows after-school Christian Bible studies on school property, but prayer rugs are placed in the hallways so Muslim students can pray? This is absurd."

I couldn't agree more.

Not that we should be mistreating the Koran, I think that's very wrong, as with all kinds of racist abuse, but why the double standard?

USAF Pilot 07
2005-05-27, 03:28 PM
It's because America, as a society, has gotten into the attitude where in many instances, such as race and religion, the "majority" is wrong, and has been wrong for years for many of its actions, and we now have to bend-over way backwards to do more than accomodate "minorities". (whether it be race, religion etc...).

When the majority does something, it's viewed as being "one-sided" trying to impose beliefs, values etc... on others, but when the minority practices their beliefs, it's just viewed as "the minority" doing it, not bothering anyone...

Novanglus
2005-05-29, 03:22 AM
I agree.

It's like racism, sexism, or any kind of dsicrimination is fine as long as it is against the majority.

God forbid you are a straight, American-born white male.

Matt Molnar
2005-06-03, 08:08 PM
Jailers splashed Koran with urine - Pentagon

Jun 3, 7:25 PM (ET)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - American jailers at the Guantanamo prison for foreign terrorism suspects splashed a Koran with urine, kicked and stepped on the Islamic holy book and soaked it with water, the U.S. military said on Friday.

U.S. Southern Command, responsible for the prison at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, described for the first time five cases of "mishandling" of a Koran by U.S. personnel confirmed by a newly completed military inquiry, officials said in a statement.

The fuss that's being made over a ****ing book... The way these reporters have been drooling over this they're practically equivocating pissing on a book to killing thousands of innocent people and justifying these psychopaths' desire to kill millions more.

Was it right? No.

But is it right when the guys they're trying to piss off by defaming that book fly planes into buildings, use dull knives to cut people's heads off, and blow up churches and government buildings, all in the name of that book?

And would they be reporting it if it were a Holy Bible? No way.

Hyder
2005-06-09, 12:54 AM
But is it right when the guys they're trying to piss off by defaming that book fly planes into buildings, use dull knives to cut people's heads off, and blow up churches and government buildings, all in the name of that book?

If any of those so called "guys" actually read the Quran they'd realize what they consider to be Martydom in the name of Islam is just nonsense. Especially in the case of suicide bombings. Suicide is prohibited in Islam, especially when you're committing suicide to take the lives of the innocent. Unfortunately these corrupt Mullahs have a particular view they want to go into works and they'll either twist the true word of the Quran and or make up things. These mullahs know they can get away with saying these things because they know most of their followers are illiterate and haven't even read the Quran.

But it seems that insane radical follers of Islam get more attention than the sensible practical ones. Because the logical minded ones clearly outnumber the fools.

The fuss that's being made over a ****ing book
This is where you're own ignorance is to blame. That book is important to a lot of people because in this religion we still have value for things that matter. Whether you believe in a higher power or not, that book is seen as the word of God right there and it's really messed up when people are desecrating it. Those fools may burn flags, but you'll never see them burn a Bible or a Torah because it is held sacred. Unfortunately in this society not many things are.

Matt Molnar
2005-06-10, 02:53 AM
This is where you're own ignorance is to blame. That book is important to a lot of people because in this religion we still have value for things that matter. Whether you believe in a higher power or not, that book is seen as the word of God right there and it's really messed up when people are desecrating it. Those fools may burn flags, but you'll never see them burn a Bible or a Torah because it is held sacred. Unfortunately in this society not many things are.

I was really talking about the media coverage of the story in relation to the media's ignorance of all the really bad things these guys did to get sent to Guantanamo. That said, they don't talk about how these guys are trained to blow up hospitals, or machine gun school children, or stone unchaste women, or hijack planes...how some have actually killed American soldiers and civilians directly or indirectly...the media constantly talks about all these guys as if we kidnapped them and put them in cages on a tropical island for no particular reason, they never mention why they're there. They DO repeat anecdotes about abuse told by the few who are released, who have obvious motives to make things up, as if they're gospel. And when the Pentagon admits a couple of Korans accidentally got stuff on them, they report it nonstop as if we had shot a missile at a school bus.

In the interest of promoting peace and goodwill, no book sacred to anyone should be desecrated.