PDA

View Full Version : New! Spell Check and AIM Status

PhilDernerJr
2005-05-23, 04:31 AM
Two new features on the site have been set up by Mike.

One is a feature of the AOL Instant Messenger icons that you see dispalyed in your profiles under each post. Now, it tells you the person's status at that moment, whether they are online or not.

You can also see a listing of AIM names with this online/offline icon in the memberlist, having replaced the column that was previously devoted to "Date Joined".

The other feature is a spell check for your posting. Although it might be tough in aviation-related thread with all the abbreviations we use, I think it's a great tool for us when we start getting into big discussions in the New York City, Off-Topic and Site Related forums.

Thogh small, I hope you enjoy these new features.

If you have any questions or comment, please share.

-Phil

LGA777
2005-05-23, 08:09 AM
Phil and Mike, Thanks for the spell checker, It's something this graduate of the Florida public school system really needs, I was actually thinking about requesting it from Phil, Thanks Again. Now if the a.net photo upload spell checker could start recognizing airline industry terms/subjects I will be very happy !

Cheers LGA777

Futterman
2005-05-23, 09:56 AM

NICE...

moose135
2005-05-23, 10:25 AM

I see the spell check isn't working yet :D

jakbar
2005-05-23, 12:13 PM

I see the spell check isn't working yet :D

That's hilarious. :)

USAF Pilot 07
2005-05-23, 12:28 PM
Sweet!

IslipWN
2005-05-23, 02:00 PM
those are some great features!!

PhilDernerJr
2005-05-23, 02:34 PM
I KNEW I was going to do that!! DAMN! hahaha

I was wondering what caused so many people to reply to this thread. haha

I'm not even going to edit it. That's just too rich.

I also want to add that the spell check works perfectly, I just didn't happen to use it when posting.

IslipWN
2005-05-23, 06:40 PM
Did you also just add the gender category on our profiles? I never saw that. And no one else had theirs specified.

Mike
2005-05-23, 06:44 PM
Yep, the gender category was just added. :) Enjoy! ;)