PDA

View Full Version : Flyby Over Shea Stadium? (Saturday)

PhilDernerJr
2005-05-21, 01:24 PM
My father jsut told me that he was outside and saw an aircraft going stouh over the Whitestone Expressway towards Shea stadium.

He said that it had something long hanging behind it, as though it was a military refeuler or something.

Anyoen have any idea about this? These planes for local flybys often land at LGA, did anyone catch anything?

I'm dying to figure this out.

Conor Clancy
2005-05-21, 01:53 PM
I'm going to be at LGA later today. I'll keep you posted if I see anything abnormal.

Futterman
2005-05-21, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I heard the same thing Phil Sr. saw. Was fairly high pitched but quiet. It sounded light and small.

I didn't see it on a clear day like this, though, so it's gotta be one of those stealth fighters.

Matt Molnar
2005-05-21, 11:48 PM
Mets vs Yankees on the Fox Game of the Week = good possibility of a Shea flyby. A pair of A-10s did a nice low pass on opening day. Didn't see the beginning of today's game though so I can't say what went on. :)

cancidas
2005-05-28, 10:21 AM
phil if it were somthing larger than a fighter they might not land it at LgA. sure, i would love to see a KC-135 but they have sufficient range to make a round-trip flight to and from thier home base. also, i didn't see anything out of the ordinary that night....