PDA

View Full Version : Wunala at JFK?

eric8669
2005-05-18, 03:57 PM
Wunala operated as QF107 today from SYD-LAX, Does anybody have any info if Wunala continued on to JFK?

Thanks

Eric

jakbar
2005-05-18, 05:28 PM
Breaking news straight from our NYCA correspondent Eric Dunetz, who is at JFK right now....Wunala Dreaming is in NY!

Now if only I was out there too... :cry:

Josh

eric8669
2005-05-18, 08:34 PM
Wunala has come and gone, Thanks to Monty for providing info on QF107.

I got a pretty good arrival shot from the Cargo Area, however for departure I was at Inwood Park, but the 747 made a very sharp turn to the right and I missed a great Sunset Shot.

Hopefully Wunala will return soon.

Did anybody else go out and get it?

Eric

eric8669
2005-05-19, 11:24 AM
For those that missed it, Here is Wunala.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/vhoej_QantasWunalaDreaming_747_jfk13L.jpg

jakbar
2005-05-19, 01:52 PM
I'm officially jealous. :) I think Brian is going to have a heart attack when he sees that picture.

I'm glad you got a nice shot. Certainly one of the rarer visitors to NYC.

Josh

Mr Smith
2005-05-25, 07:12 PM
now back on the Australia-London run, as i explained to Brian and Josh, Wunala and VH-OEF are the only 2 ER's that will operate to other destinations outside the US, they are configured in the non-pacific layout which means they often head elsewhere.

jakbar
2005-05-25, 07:30 PM
I assume that QF doesn't know that far in advance that they will sub Wunala on the SYD-LAX-JFK run, so how do they deal with the fact that the advance bookings would be based on the ERs with the different Pacific configuration?

Since Wunala is configured differently, what is the reason for using it at all on the JFK flight?

Mr Smith
2005-05-25, 11:05 PM
usually the a/c assignments are issued a week previous, i'd say it's done by load factors and not much can really vary a week before, as always it changes but its usually pretty accurate.

it's use on JFK run could be to do with the cargo capacity, not sure but i know its rare for it to go to JFK, but the LAX-JFK-LAX is known as a "milk run" of sorts as it generates more from cargo than passengers.