PDA

View Full Version : Soy Sauce

PhilDernerJr
2005-05-08, 05:44 AM
I eat chinese food a lot, and I love soy sauce.

I order a quart of pork fried rice about every other day and use about 15 packets of soy sauce altogether on it. I've had all kinds of bottled soy sauce, but the packets definitely dominate the flavor-battle.

I often run out, or what they give me in the bag is not enough. So today I went into my favorite chinese food place and ask them how much it is for extra soy sauce.

She told me $8. Seems steep, no?

Nah, I coughed up eight crumpled up singles and got a box that was about a cubic foot filled with 1,000 packets of soy sauce.

The insane amount of sodium in liquid form now sits at my table all ready to raise my blood pressure into what will one day become one massive coronary.

Happy days are here again. :)

IslipWN
2005-05-08, 11:06 AM
How high is your blood pressure?!?! :shock: :D

T-Bird76
2005-05-08, 11:17 AM
Well being you are in pretty good shape Phil I don't think you have to much to worry about. Although this soy sauce addication may be an indication of some deeper mental issue, j/k :lol: Perhaps you have a thing for Asian chicks???

IslipWN
2005-05-08, 02:39 PM
I actually love soy sauce on sushi and dumplings! yum

Vodkagirlkris
2005-05-09, 06:27 AM
Soy sauce rocks. But 15 packets on one meal is a little sick. Violette does that too. You and her should go out for chinese food.

PhilDernerJr
2005-05-09, 08:20 AM
Soy sauce rocks. But 15 packets on one meal is a little sick. Violette does that too. You and her should go out for chinese food.

Keep in mind that for me, one meal is a whole QUART of pork fried rice, which is a lot. That's about three paltes of rice and about 4-5 packets per plate. Not thatmuch.

Fly1346
2005-05-09, 09:27 PM
I have never tried the soy sauce, but LOVE the duck sauce, it adds a sweet taste to my KUNG PAO chicken!

USAF Pilot 07
2005-05-09, 11:29 PM
Being in good shape has nothing to do with or with not you are prone to a heart attack or other heart diseases.

You can be in great shape, but eat **** for food, (such an example would be foods high in sodium) and still fall over and die. It's rare, but has happened, and I believe recently happened to a figure skater.

Staying healthy is all about eating right and working out.
Both have to be accomplished properly to stay healthy.

PhilDernerJr
2005-05-09, 11:33 PM
USAF is right.

My diet is actually pretty high in saturate fat and sodium.

But I counter that with a lot of exercise, and a lot of bran in my diet, as well as staying hydrated.