PDA

View Full Version : JFK on Sunday, May 1

jakbar
2005-04-28, 10:36 AM
It looks like I'm gonna have the whole day free on this coming Sunday, May 1, and I plan on spending it at JFK pretty much all day (except for maybe an hour or two in the early morning at LGA). As of right now, the weather report says Sunday will be mostly sunny with a high in the low 60s. Saturday is supposed to be the rainy day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't change.

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of people at JFK, particularly with the inaugural A345 service by Thai. Should be fun!

Futt....you up for the usual early start, with a little Qantas action in the evening?

Josh

Futterman
2005-04-28, 11:40 AM
I've been trying to call you the past few days. Yeah, I'm definitely up for an early start...and when I say early, I'm talking Thai-A345-at-0635 early. :wink:

Not 100% I'll be able to stick around into the evening, don't know how family plans are going to pan out, but as long as I get all my work out of the way by then I should be clear for the AM.

Lookin' forward to a nice big group!

Brian

Futterman
2005-04-28, 11:45 AM
Hmmm...and from the news section...

May 2

LTU International Airways begins flights info JFK Airport with Airbus A330s from Dusseldorf (DUS), arriving at 4:00PM as flight 1550 and departing at 7:00AM as flight 1551.

I know it's a Monday, but I bet someone'll be out there. Whoever you are: I get out of school at 1! :D

jakbar
2005-04-28, 12:06 PM
...and when I say early, I'm talking Thai-A345-at-0635 early.

What happens if it arrives 20 minutes early, and we miss it? Then we just got up at the crack of dawn for nothing. Although, I have to admit, it would be kinda cool to nail that thing twice in the same day on its inaugural day of service.

Let's talk on Saturday.

Josh

Futterman
2005-04-28, 12:26 PM
It'll definitely be in the air Saturday night, so we can get a better idea of its arrival time around then. And hey, if we miss it, just go grab some breakfast at the Crossbay Diner, see if they have my glass of milk yet, and see what the actives are at LGA. Remember the awesome morning light we had at Planeview back in October?

Let's talk on Saturday.

I'll actually be out for an hour or two then as well because my dad is coming back home from HKG...

I left you an "overzealous" message on your phone.

Brian

jakbar
2005-04-28, 12:45 PM
Remember the awesome morning light we had at Planeview back in October?

Yeah, I remember that light...but whether we can take advantage of it depends on whether 04 is the arrival runway. I still really like that ILS lineup shot you took even if a.net thought it sucked. :D

I left you an "overzealous" message on your phone.

What else is new... :lol:

I left you a less overzealous message on gmail. We'll have to talk on Saturday -- or before -- about the plans for Sunday.

UrbanExplorer222
2005-04-28, 08:53 PM
Ill be out there sunday, not in the AM though.. have fire training. JFK sounds good i havent been out there in a while now

T-Bird76
2005-04-29, 10:24 PM
You might see me out there too Sunday. Going to try to hit LGA if the approach is right, otherwise I'll be tooling around JFK. I've had my Digital SLR for two months now, about time I try to get some aviation shots.

eric8669
2005-04-30, 09:54 PM
so what are the plans for tomorow, where is everybody meeting up?
Is anybody going out for the Thai Arrival?

Eric

jakbar
2005-04-30, 09:58 PM
I dont think there's a "plan" other than for everyone to head to the spot where everyone else would be based on the runway configs. Brian and I will be out there early, so you can call my cell to find out where we are. I'm pretty sure you've got my number...I've got yours! :)

PhilDernerJr
2005-05-01, 02:00 AM
If anyone needs ANY flight tracking whatsoever, I should be home until at least 3PM.

Not kidding, if you want to call me at 6AM for Thai A345 tracking, don't be shy!!!

I will most certainly be sleeping, but I don't care, my computer is right near my bed and the internet is seconds away. I really want to help you guys out if I can.

This offer goes to anyone. If I don't really know you, just say you are "so and so" from the forum.

Conor Clancy
2005-05-01, 11:20 AM
Well I missed the arrival...just woke up.

The weather isn't looking too promising...Intellicast says there's supposed to be "ample sunshine" during the afternoon and they're using 31L for departures. So maybe I'll head over.