PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever go to ISP to spot?

IslipWN
2005-04-20, 11:58 PM
Since this is NYC Aviation, I figured that ISP is close enough :D .

Anyways, do you guys ever go to ISP to take pics or go spotting? Do you guys have any ISP pics to share?

Also, how often do you guys go to LGA/JFK/EWR?

Thanks,
Joe

cancidas
2005-04-21, 09:05 AM
i never really make it out to ISP to spot. i'm not that big of a fan of WN to begin with. besides, i work at LGA...

Futterman
2005-04-21, 09:56 AM
ISP's been pretty touchy in terms of spotting...keep checking the Spotter Blotter forum for reports of incidences--there's one now, but bound to be more.

I've never been there (to photograph, at least), bhe two Queens, JFK and LGA, are definitely more popular and accessible. Besides, when was the last time you saw a C-17 at ISP? :wink:

Brian

UrbanExplorer222
2005-04-21, 01:05 PM
I would go to ISP maybe when it gets warmer cuz its such a long interval between arrivals and deps. Not as busy ast LGA or JFK. One day i might try it though

IslipWN
2005-04-21, 07:43 PM
I cant wait uuntil the additional 4 gates open. Does anyone know when they will open? I'm sure once they do we will be hearing about a major route expansion from ISP. :D

Tom_Turner
2005-04-22, 12:11 AM
Well, LGA definitely gets the nod over ISP -

But reasons unknown ISP does get that MATS Connie on occasion...I'll put that up against the C-17 :)

PhilDernerJr
2005-04-22, 01:55 AM
But reasons unknown ISP does get that MATS Connie on occasion...I'll put that up against the C-17 :)

VERY valid argument.

I hope people give us the heads up on that around here.

T-Bird76
2005-04-22, 09:25 PM
Oh Yes I've spotted at ISP and had the privilege of meeting some lovely folks from the SCPD. They were so thoughtful that they impounded my car because it was on unattended on private property, ten feet away I guess means "unattended". That happened in 2003. To make a long story short they made some interesting statements which got one officer ... well lets say in a bit of trouble. Oh yeah I got my car back the next day and a lil something for troubles just three months ago. Pays to have a good lawyer.

ISP really is a pain in the A$$ and with the morons who got through the fence last month to rob one of the buildings they have even more of a reason to chase people away. Yet you can take as many pictures as you want inside the terminal.

IslipWN
2005-04-22, 10:44 PM
When I flew on WN recently to FLL from ISP, a securty guard said maybe in FLL, but not in ISP. And I was like Ok? And than I asked another security guard and he said it was fine.

NIKV69
2005-04-23, 03:49 AM
ISP is a good place to spot. You do need to have a lot of time seeing not much goes on there. If you can find a good spot like the bank or just a little south of there and you have a good lens you can get some really good pics. You just need to be a fan of WN or COEX! I love little airports like ISP and IFP. I plan on spotting there a few times. Hope to get Joe to go with me, he loves WN too much! Maybe we can spot one of the Shamus there. He would die!

IslipWN
2005-04-23, 12:08 PM
Maybe we can spot one of the Shamus there. He would die!

:D I would be in heaven!!!!!

T-Bird76
2005-04-23, 11:12 PM

Shamus are there pretty often. The New Mexico bird is there all the time, just saw her again the other day.

PhilDernerJr
2005-04-24, 05:28 AM

Shamus are there pretty often. The New Mexico bird is there all the time, just saw her again the other day.

I thought she was repainted.

IslipWN
2005-04-24, 02:21 PM
I've seen the new mexico bird there a lot!!! I wish that new mexico and shamu would switch! :D

NIKV69
2005-04-25, 09:32 PM
Wow! I didn't know they visited ISP that often I see the Shamus and NM one, Nv one, CA one at LAS a lot. Would love to spot them at ISP! That is of course if the FBI doesn't come and kidnap me!

N790SW
2005-07-11, 03:13 PM
yeah i live like 5mins away from ISP nd they go crazy when they see people taking pics - even at the airport diner or da bank- back in the late 90's they alwoed u to go in to the gate area nd they had that dirtpatch open - back then the planes u saw were Carnival 732's nd US-Air DC-9s

N790SW
2005-07-11, 03:17 PM
ohh and i have seen maryland -one at ISP- it was kinda late - but iwas shocked - i did see shamu -triple crown nd silver one there before

ISP Pilot
2005-07-12, 12:29 AM
I spot at ISP but from "the other side of the fence." ISP is where I did my flight training and continue to rent planes from. Nothing beats spotting a WN 737 from behind on final approach then remembering that I should pay attention and land my plane! Even better when those guys have to "give way to" "follow" or "hold short, landing" Cessna.