PDA

View Full Version : Ryan and Spencer's NYC Visit

PhilDernerJr
2005-04-20, 02:44 PM
As many of you know, Ryan Hemmings and Spencer Wilmot came here from London from Sunday to today, Wednesday.

As mentioned in the community, we had gone out to Applebees and started drinking back beers while everyone else ate and had soda like regular people.

When we saw a nearby table get a presentaiton of singing from employees for someone's birthday. Ryan and I looked at each other and decided that this would be something to surprise Spencer with. I excused myself declaring a bathroom break but really went to order the birthday special for Spencer, claiming his birthday was the day before.

One of the employees promised me she'd put whipped cream on his head and lick it off. Ryan and I worried enough about how Spence would react to the birthday singing, but now we've got some stranger licking up on his head. Will it turn violent?

The lady ended up not doing it, but it was still funny. We all had a good laugh and it made for a good meal.

After we left Applebees, Spencer, Ryan and I already half a dozen beers deep each, we went to Kristina's place to hang out, but not before stopping at a deli to show these English guys how we do it NYC style....with many 40 ounce Budweisers! haha

I knew these boys were drinkers, and I also know I've lost the touch I had a few years back, but I wasn't gonna fall behind on the beers with our guests from out of town. I kept up the best I could and I think I actually drank more than they did in the end by a few sips. I should note that they didn't know I was competing. I was jsut sturggling to keep up secretly. I'm a mature one, no?

Here are some photos from the night:

We drank a LITTLE, as you can see. Oh, Ryan and I had to go out and get more beer after all of that was done.

http://www.philderner.com/pichost/drunk.jpg

Spencer here got a LITTLE sunburned during the day. The alcohol might have made him alittle mroe red, but OUCH that looks bad. Oh, I should also mention that he called in sick from work, saying he was int he hospital. How you going to explain that fresh tan when you get back, mate?

http://www.philderner.com/pichost/redspencer.jpg

And who can help but take a compromising photo when the tw guys are being playful? They look cute together, don't they? haha

http://www.philderner.com/pichost/cuddle1.jpg

I ended up getting home the NEXT DAY at 7PM! I also met up with these guys last night (Tuesday) which turned out to be almost even more messy than Sunday night. But I'll post about that later.

Vodkagirlkris
2005-04-20, 10:05 PM
I adore those pictures! You should really put up some of Krisanthimum too. :D

Matt Molnar
2005-04-20, 11:39 PM
As mentioned in the community, we had gone out to Applebees and started drinking back beers while everyone else ate and had soda like regular people.

As someone who drinks excessively whenever dining at Applebees, *high five*.

mikephotos
2005-04-21, 01:03 PM
Here's the group pic that Raj took. (ignore the where's joe comment)

http://www.mikephotos.net/JFKCrewbyRajWheresJoe.jpg

Mike

Ryangooner
2005-04-22, 08:25 AM
Great photo's lads, had a wicked time down JFK thanks to all that turned out.
Great night on the piss too, lots of laughs.
Phil even broadened his language capabilities......until next time be it JFK or LHR!

Ryan

Spencer
2005-04-22, 08:25 AM
Hey, now then!! Phil, with all respect, you was under the proverbial table a looong time before either Ryan or myself!! (Hehe!) Wow, what a couple of mad nights though, quality! Hey, you still got that piece of paper with Cockney slang on?! Man, that cracked me up!! Can speak for both Ryan and myself here, in saying that this trip was by far the best we've done! Really got to see the best of JFK I reckon, even if we didn't manage to get our 31L departures!!! :cry: So, in signing off, I'd like to say a very big (HUGE) thank you to all the guys that made it work for us! It was magic!! And remember Europe isn't that far away guys!!
Spencer.

eric8669
2005-04-22, 09:59 AM
Ryan & Spencer

Glad you guys liked your trip over here, So when is the best time to come to Europe?

Eric

Ryangooner
2005-04-22, 02:00 PM
Eric

Best time to come to europe would be this time of the year up untill june, september is a good time to come too especially first 2 weeks, june/july/august is still a good time but when it is very warm there is far too much haze. August normally rains, ive known it to rain almost every day in August.

Ryan

Spencer
2005-04-24, 03:19 PM
Yeah, Eric, the Summer months of July and August, although warm, can produce incredible heat haze. That's a big problem at LHR for example, as most vantage points are relatively distant. Add to that the Sun being high above any movements, the resulting photographs are either shadowed or burnt out. September is good, as is February. Depends on whether you like shorts or ski-jackets!!
Spence.