Delta Opens New LaGuardia Terminal Connector In Time For Holiday Rush
While the connector’s moving walkways won’t be running until mid-2013, the new bridge will make it easier for passengers to connect between the terminals. Previously, customers had to either hop an airside bus between the buildings or walk outside — which isn’t a great distance, but could be annoying during bad weather.
Delta took over most of Terminal C from US Airways when the two carriers completed their slot swap deal earlier this year.
Now that LaGuardia is essentially a hub for Delta, the airline has been spending big bucks on improving both terminals. So far the biggest new feature has been Delta’s new Sky Club in Terminal C, but the airlines says in in the coming months will also include:
- Terminal C and D security checkpoint expansions (due to finish spring 2013 for Terminal C and summer 2013 for Terminal D)
- Completion of Terminal D in-line baggage system allowing the removal of CTX machines from the lobby by mid-2013
- Continuing installation of new, chef-driven dining venues in Terminal C
- New passenger boarding bridges at Terminal D by the end of 2013
- 3,500 square foot expansion to the Terminal D Delta Sky Club including all new restroom facilities set for a spring 2014 opening
Delta’s new JFK Terminal 4 expansion is expected to be complete in May.