Final Call: India in Talks to Build Regional Jet, Man Builds Pan Am 747 in Garage
- The Indian government is in talks with aerospace concerns Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and Taneja Aerospace & Aviation Ltd. about building a regional jet in India. [Bloomberg]
- Boeing is buying up land around its 787 factory in North Charleston, South Carolina, seemingly just to make sure they have it in case they need to expand. [Aviation Week]
- Ever suspect that the flight you booked has a lot more empty non-premium seats than what the seat map is showing, You’re not alone.
- A California man has recreated the cabin of a Pan Am 747 in his garage. [Daily Mail]
- Two TSA workers trashed their Miami hotel room and fired a gun off the balcony and into a nearby store. [Miami Herald]
- A Pennsylvania man got busted at Philadelphia International Airport when TSA screeners found homemade fireworks in his bag. [Fox News]
- China Eastern has cancelled its order for 24 Boeing 787 Dreamliners, instead opting to buy 45 Boeing 737s. [Dow Jones Newswires, via Fox Business]