Final Call: iPhone Explodes on Australian Plane, US Airways Denies Refund to Cancer Patient
• After booking a dream vacation to Belize on US Airways, Lynn McKain was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. (There is no stage 5). Despite sending them letters and doctor’s records, and even after attracting the ire of several media outlets and the (gasp!) Internet, US Airways refuses to give her a refund, taking a massive PR hit rather than make a $4,000 exception to their non-refundable ticket rules. [CBS New York]
• St. Louis Downtown Airport is trying to attract some hot airline action with its sexy new runway. [STL Today]
• More delays coming for certification (and delivery) of the GE GEnx-powered 787. [Flight Global]
• Australian investigators are looking into the explosion of an Apple iPhone 4 aboard a Regional Express aircraft landing in Sydney. [ABC News]
• A US Airways flight attendant may be in hot water with the boss after opening the door of a 757 without disarming the emergency slide, which deployed onto the tarmac in St. Maarten.
• Montreal’s Air Transat has laid off 17 pilots, who will be replaced by outsourced pilots from overseas. [Av Stop]