Aviation News

August 27, 2010

Mexicana to Suspend All Operations At Midnight Friday

More articles by »
Written by: BNO News
Tags: ,

Ailing Mexicana de Aviacion, Mexico’s largest air carrier, will suspend all operations at midnight this Friday due to lack of funds, Milenio Television reported.

Mexicana decided to suspend operations after not having enough cash flow in order to ease its debts. Mexicana workers were informed minutes ago but no details regarding the future of the company and workers were announced.

Mexico’s pilots union, Asociación Sindical de Pilotos de Aviación de México (ASPA), confirmed the information but remarked that talks are ongoing between the company and its employees in order to finalize details.

Two weeks ago, Mexicana announced the suspension of its international flights because its financial situation deteriorated and the company filed for insolvency proceedings in Mexico and bankruptcy protection.

Later, on August 13, the air carrier announced that the consortium Tenedora K acquired 95 percent of the air carrier stocks. The consortium is formed by a group of Mexican investors that will be now the majority owner. The remaining 5 percent is owned by ASPA.

About the Author

BNO News



BREAKING: North American Airlines Clings to Life, To Continue Flying…For Now

North American Airlines has announced plans to attempt to keep two aircraft flying, even as parent company Global Aviation Holdings is liquidated.
by NYCAviation Staff


BREAKING: World Airways Immediately Shutting Down

Following on the heels of competitor Evergreen International Airlines, World Airways CEO John Graber announced earlier today that World will cease operations immediately.
by NYCAviation Staff


(NYCAviation file photo)

Judge Approves AMR Exit from Bankruptcy

In a New York City courtroom Wednesday morning, a Federal Bankruptcy judge cleared American Airlines parent AMR to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The judge's actions cleared all remaining legal obstacles to the merger of US...
by NYCAviation Staff


BREAKING: Global Aviation Holdings Enters Bankruptcy (Again)

Citing a global decline in demand for its chartered cargo and passenger transport services, NYC Aviation has learned Georgia-based Global Aviation Holdings tonight filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection.
by Eric McKirdy

A Kingfisher Airlines Airbus A320 (VT-KEG) taxis at Bangalore. (Photo by marirs via wikipedia, CC-BY-SA)

India’s Kingfisher Revival Plan ‘Unconvincing’

A plan proposed by troubled Kingfisher Airlines is not enough to get it back in the skies, an aviation ministry official said on Friday.
by AFP