Saturday Logbook 11/28: Saudi Arabian 777 Performs Fuel Dump During Emergency Return to JFK and More
>>>UPDATE 12/1: New Photos: Abdul was on board the injured Saudi 777 and posted some photos from the window! Scroll down to the comments to see them.
• A Saudi Arabian Airlines 777-200ER (reg: HZ-AKD) suffered a problem with its left landing gear after taking off from JFK Saturday afternoon, declared an emergency and returned for a safe landing after dumping fuel. [NYCAviation Forums]
• Two doors fell off a JFK Airport AirTrain early Friday morning, possibly due to a technician failing to screw them on during maintenance. No passengers were on board at the time. [Gothamist]
• Not even a week after entering service, Air France’s brand new A380 had to turn back to New York last night after the autopilot failed. [AvHerald]
• Is this photo of a SATA A310 nearly biting it the sickest aviation pic of the year, if not all time? [Airliners.net]
• Wing load testing of the 787 may have begun. [FlightBlogger]
• Do you collect or build aircraft models? Tell us about it. [NYCAviation Forums]